Welcome to Regional Office of Education #40
There are still some great job opportunities in our schools!
Check them out here!
IL STEM Rising Star Award
ISTA, ICTM and ETA hand2mind have partnered again this year to offer 3 STEM awards worth $1500.00 each called: IL STEM Rising Star Award for promising teachers looking to implement STEM in their classrooms (that may not have the money or materials to currently do so). The description, criteria/requirements, reward for winners, timeline and link to the online application can be found at the website: hand2mind.com/Illinois-STEM-Award. Applications are due by September 7, 2018.
We’re hoping to get the word out about this STEM Award to all k-8 teachers & schools across the entire state! And we could use your help sending this application to your ROE list-serve.
Details of the award (hand2mind.com/Illinois-STEM-Award)
· There will be 3 awards—1 primary grades (K–2), 1 intermediate grades (3–5), and 1 middle school (6–8).*
· Winners receive: $500 check, $1,000 STEM materials, complimentary registration for 2018 ISTA/ICTM conf., 1-year membership in ISTA or ICTM.
· Applicants must provide evidence of a plan to implement STEM/Engineering Design projects that go beyond normal classroom teaching.
· An emphasis is placed on plans that are innovative and that integrate multiple STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) areas.
· Judges will be looking for evidence of current teaching best practices that include hands-on learning, small group instruction, centers rotations, and overall student engagement.
· Requirements include: members of ISTA and/or ICTM, a current classroom teacher, description of current teaching practices, create a STEM implementation plan, resume, 1 letter of support
· Fill out the application online here. – DUE September 7th, 2018.
Be sure to visit our events page for upcoming event information!
Green Text = Link